On December 11th Island Records release a 5 CD limited edition collection of the complete Nick Drake catalogue all housed in mini-replica LP sleeves in a handsome 7” box with original shop posters for each release.
This has been released as a convenient way to buy the complete works of Nick Drake in one go, from one place, at a decent price.
The set consists of
1. Five Leaves Left: Nick’s debut album of 1969
2. Bryter Layter: the second album released in 1970
3. Pink Moon: Nick’s final release from 1972
4. Made To Love Magic: the collection of Island-period recordings, out-takes, off cuts, cast-offs, orphans and the last 5 songs Nick recorded for his proposed 4th album. Originally released in 2004 to add to and replace the ‘Time Of No Reply’ compilation
5. Family Tree: A collection of recordings made before the Island Records period, from a 9 year old Nick playing Mozart through to spoken word pieces, early songs, cover versions and demos recorded to secure his contract, as well as two recordings by his mother Molly Drake perhaps written in response to her son. Originally released in 2007
Each CD comes complete in original card sleeves with full booklets.
Also included are the 5 official shop posters used to sell each album.
The box art depicts Nick Drake’s own lockable tuck box from his Marlborough College days, used to guard the various cakes dispatched weekly from home by his mother, Molly Drake.
Tuck Box will be available electronically via iTunes with high-resolution downloads also available separately.
It will be available to pre-order through your usual outlets as well as here on Bryter Music.
BUILD YOUR OWN TUCK BOX
An empty version of the Tuck Box package will be available separately, upon release – not including the CDs but just the posters – for those that already have bought all, or some of the recent cardboard editions of Nick’s albums.
You can also buy your missing items to complete your own Tuck Box, or build up your collection over time.
Click here to purchase from Bryter Music.
Please note, there will only be a limited amount of these empty boxes-and-posters made available.